The Benefits Belong to You
Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and strives to provide quality healthcare to northeast Nevada residents.The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) accredits more than 16,000 health care organizations in the United States and many other countries. Accredited organizations include:
- Ambulatory care organizations
- Assisted living facilities
- Behavioral health care facilities
- Critical access hospitals
- Clinical laboratories
- Health care networks
- Home care organizations
- Long term care facilities
- Office-based surgery practices
By asking for accreditation, Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital agrees to be measured every three years against national standards set by health care professionals. Our organization must substantially comply with Joint Commission standards and continuously make efforts to improve the care and services we provide.
We voluntarily sought Joint Commission accreditation because it:
- Provides a report card for the public
- Enhances community confidence
- Offers an objective evaluation of the organization's performance
- Stimulates the organization's quality improvement efforts
- Aids in professional staff recruitment
- Provides a staff education tool
- May be used to meet certain Medicare certification requirements
- Often fulfills state licensure requirements
- Favorably influences managed care contract decisions
Specially trained surveyors evaluate our hospital's compliance with Joint Commission standards and identify our organization's strengths and weaknesses. The surveyor's goal is not merely to find problems, but also to provide education and consultation so we can improve patient care and services.
As the professional leader in raising the health care field to ever-higher standards, the Joint Commission is committed to assuring the American public of quality health care.