To obtain copies of your medical records, please choose one of the following options:
Call us at (775) 748-2145.
Fax a request to (775) 748-2150.
Visit our office in person.
We are located on the first floor of the hospital, down the hall from the Cafeteria and directly across from the Administration Office.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We are closed daily for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
To download a "Release of Information" form, click here.
Para descargar un formulario de "Divulgacion de Informacion", haga clic aquí.
Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital recognizes the contributions of the health information management and technology fields.
Under the privacy regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA], patients have the right to view, amend and obtain copies of their health information. This has increased their knowledge of the importance of properly managed health information.
A medical record serves as the basis for planning patient care. To receive quality healthcare, accurate and timely health information is crucial - this is the primary goal of the medical records professional.
Medical Record Professionals contribute to "Managing the Records of Life" by:
- Ensuring HIPAA awareness so that healthcare organizations are cognizant of and complying with the new regulations
- Protecting patient privacy and providing information security
- Ensuring health information is complete and available to legitimate users
- Coding and classifying data for reimbursement.
- Analyzing information necessary for decision support
- Administering health information computer systems
- Preparing health data for accreditation surveys
- Analyzing clinical data for research and public policy
- Preventing fraud and abuse