Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital recognizes the contributions of the health information management and technology fields.
Under the privacy regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA], patients have the right to view, amend and obtain copies of their health information. This has increased their knowledge of the importance of properly managed health information.
A medical record serves as the basis for planning patient care. To receive quality healthcare, accurate and timely health information is crucial - this is the primary goal of the medical record professional.
To download a "Relase of Information" form, click here.
Para descargar un formulario de "Divulgacion de Informacion", haga clic aquí.
Medical Record Professionals contribute to "Managing the Records of Life" by:
- Ensuring HIPAA awareness so that healthcare organizations are cognizant of and complying with the new regulations
- Protecting patient privacy and providing information security
- Ensuring health information is complete and available to legitimate users
- Coding and classifying data for reimbursement.
- Analyzing information necessary for decision support
- Administering health information computer systems
- Preparing health data for accreditation surveys
- Analyzing clinical data for research and public policy
- Preventing fraud and abuse
Thanks to all of the employees of the Medical Records Department at NNRH for all of their hard work throughout the year.