Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Revised Visitor Policy at Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital
At NNRH, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community.
In light of the resurgence of COVID-19 in our community, we are temporarily enacting a zero visitor policy.
Effective at 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, visitors will NOT be permitted in the Hospital or the adjoining Medical Office Building.
- No visitors will be permitted to accompany a patient into the Emergency Department or the ED waiting room.
- No visitors will be permitted to accompany an out-patient to the Lab or Radiology.
- No visitors will be permitted on the second floor to see patients in the Medical-Surgical Unit.
- No visitors will be permitted to accompany a patient into the Medical Office Building for a doctor's appointment.
- Exceptions to this policy may include the following:
- Obstetrics Patients – Women in active labor may have one (1) visitor accompany them for the duration of their stay in the hospital.
- Pediatric Patients – Patients under the age of 18 may have one (1) visitor accompany them for the duration of their stay in the hospital.
- Patients Receiving End-of-Life Care – Allowances will be made for a limited number of family members to visit patients who are dying.
- Patients with Unique Situations or Special Needs – Allowances will be made for those patients who rely on a full-time caregiver.
- The special visitors listed above must all pass a wellness screening.
- These visitors will be screened along with hospital staff every time they enter the facility.
Please utilize alternative methods of communication with patients. We encourage the use of telephone calls, Skype, Zoom and Facetime.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this policy causes our patients and their families. However, these precautions are being taken for the safety of our patients and staff alike.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.