Patient Business Department
Superior customer service at the hospital is at the top of every department director's list. As a service to our patients and in an effort to make your experience a positive one, here is a list of "tips" and new processes that will help make your visit to Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital go as smoothly as possible.
Central Scheduling is a "One-Call" approach that allows patients and physician offices to schedule multiple procedures for the same patient or different patients without being transferred to multiple areas of the hospital. It provides a single point of contact for patients as well as physicians who may have questions prior to the date of service.
Currently Central Scheduling is servicing the Surgical and Radiology patients. In order for a patient to schedule their own appointment, patients must have a physician's order in-hand or have their physician's office fax orders to (775)748-2188
. For further information or general questions, please call (775)748-2243
to speak to a member of our friendly staff.
Once a patient is scheduled for a procedure, insurance and authorizations are then verified. A member of the Central Scheduling staff will contact the patient and need to verify their demographic information, such as the patients address, phone number, insurance information, date of birth, and social security number. For patients completing the Pre-Registration process, a 30% upfront payment discount will be offered if the estimated portion that their insurance does not cover is paid prior to the date of service.
Patients who complete the Pre- Registration process are offered the opportunity to participate in the Fast Track line on the day of their procedure or test. Fast Track, allows patients to simply provide a copy of their insurance card, photo identification, sign the consent for treatment form and receive their hospital identification band and be on their way. Fast Track Registration drastically reduces wait-times for patients checking-in and increases patient access at Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital.
Before your visit to the hospital
Call your insurance company, the number is usually on the back of your card, for pre-authorization of services. This could save you hundreds of dollars from the very beginning!
Bring these items with you:
- Physician's orders or referrals
- Your insurance card(s) if you have coverage
- Photo I.D. with current mailing address
- A telephone number where you can be reached
- Any legal document to prove you have the authority to register and sign for someone other than yourself. Examples: Executor of Estate or Advanced Directive.
- Please be prepared to pay the estimated portion that your insurance will not cover. Examples are your co-pay, amounts applied to deductible, non-covered services, etc. Call the business office to discuss payment options before your visit.
If you know before hand that you will not be able to pay for your services and believe you may qualify for financial aid.
- Call the main hospital number (775) 738-5151 or come in to the main lobby.
- Tell the front-desk receptionist you need medical care but you would like to speak with someone about your payment options. The receptionist will route you to the appropriate person.
If you have insurance but want to speak with someone about charges, insurance coverage and your portion of the payment:
- Call the hospital or your insurance company. The business office staff and your insurance company representative is there to answer your questions.
Delays in payments
- The more you know about coverage, the more smoothly your claim and its handling will go after you are billed.
Here are the top ten things that hinder or slow payment processing from insurance companies:
- Incorrect (or missing) insurance ID numbers (numbers transposed)
- Outdated employee address
- Outdated insurance card - (expired insurance)
- Incorrect name (always use your legal name)
- Incorrect guarantor (who is the card-holder?)
- Failure to return a phone call or letter requesting additional information needed to process your claim
- Invalid insurance company address for claims processing
- Invalid date of birth
- Incorrect Primary / Secondary Insurance
- Incorrect employer information (contact name and phone number)
- If you receive a bill from the hospital indicating a problem with your insurance company:
- Follow instructions in the letter to make sure everyone has the information needed to process the claim
As you can tell, most payment issues can be taken care of long before you receive an invoice for your charges. Questions are part of our job and we are happy to answer them, please call (775) 748-2089
to speak to one of the helpful members of our staff.
Pay Your Hospital Bill Online
For medical bills dated before or on January 31, 2014 or if your account number begins with 37xxxxx, and you have a question about your bill, please call: 1-855-801-6530
We apologize but we are not currently able to accept online payments for accounts with a date of service prior to 2/1/14
For medical bills dated on or after February 1, 2014, or if your account number begins with 6xxxxxx, and you have a question about your bill, please call 1-855-285-2912.
If you would like to make an online payment and your account number begins with 6xxxxxx (date of service on 2/1/14 or later), please click here
Your hospital bill does not include charges for your personal physician, surgeon, anesthetist, pathologist, radiologist, emergency room physician or other physician consultants. You will receive separate bills from these physicians which may include any of the following:
609 Sierra Rose #3
Reno, NV 89511
DR MARDINI PATHOLOGY
1250 LAMOILLE HWY
ELKO, NV 89801
RUBY CREST EMERGENCY BILLING
993 COURT STREET
ELKO, NV 89801
RUBY DOME ANESTHSIA
PO BOX 2723
ELKO, NV 89803
As a service to our patients, hospitalization insurance will be billed for you by the Business Office. The insurance company will be given approximately 30 days to pay their portion of your bill. Therefore, it is very important that information be accurate and complete, and any other claims or information submitted as soon as possible. To make registration easier, please bring copies of your insurance cards.
Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital looks forward to serving you in the future.
Thank you for choosing Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital for your healthcare needs.